Answered By: Amy Krug Last Updated: Aug 31, 2018 Views: 845
There are a number of spaces available in the Library for groups of current HCC students to work together for academic purposes:
- seven group study rooms - room numbers CL211, CL212, CL213, CL214, CL215, CL216, CL239;
- one group media viewing room to view HCC course-related DVDs/videos - room number CL209.
- one group computing room (with stations for two groups) - room number CL204.
Groups must use the online room bookings tool to request a room.
Please note the terms & conditions for using group study spaces:
- all group members must follow the HCC Student Code of Conduct (contained in the Student Handbook) - be respectful of library spaces, students around you, and HCC Library Staff.
- groups consist only of 2-6 current HCC students, except CL239 & CL204 which are for 2-4 students.
- group work spaces are for academic purposes, such as group studying or group work on a computer or group viewing of video material for a course;
- within 15 minutes of the start of the reservation, at least 2 group members need to be present and remain in the group work space for the duration of the reservation, or the room may be given to another group;
- be courteous & exit the room by the end of your booking time.
- a group member needs to borrow/return a keyboard/mouse from the Check Out Desk to use the equipment in the Group Viewing Room and the Group Computing Rooms;
- personal headphones need to be used when listening to audio - you may bring your own headphones or purchase them at the Check Out Desk;
- beverages may be consumed in group work spaces.
- group spaces may not be used by tutors or classroom instructors.
- library staff may need to modify room requests in order to maximize availability of group study spaces - this may include changing rooms, and/or canceling requests.
- requests must be confirmed using the link in the email sent to your HCC email address.
A group may reserve a group work space for up to three hours each day - three hours total use.