Answered By: Amy Krug Last Updated: Aug 30, 2018 Views: 69
Computer hardware requirements are:
- Operating System
- Windows XP SP3 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux - chromeOS
Upgrading your operating system to the newest major release is recommended.
- Mobile Operating System
- iOS 7 and newer
- Android 2.3 and newer
Upgrading your mobile operating system to the newest major release is recommended.
- Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer no older than 3 years when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Screen Resolution
Most library content will function across different screen resolutions. However, content is best viewed at a minimum of 1024 x 600, which is the average size of a notebook computer.
- Internet Capability
Library resources may operate in low bandwidth environments, however many resources require or function better using high-speed/high-bandwidth Internet access.
- Web Browser
Many applications work on a variety of browsers. However, the most stable browsers are:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Use the most current version or the first previous major release of your preferred browser - keep your browser current.
- Browser Plugins
Depending upon the type of content, you may need to download a plug-in if you don't already have the required software installed on your computer.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, for files posted in .pdf format;
- Adobe Flash Player, for Flash files;
- Microsoft Silverlight Player, for video files;
- Java, for Java files.
- Screen Readers (if applicable)
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS (latest version for Internet Explorer 10 & 11)
- PC: NVDA (latest version for Firefox)
- PC: ChromeVox (latest version for Chrome) - does not work with Canvas