Answered By: Amy Krug Last Updated: Jun 29, 2018 Views: 131
WiFi to Go lends mobile hotspots to current HCC credit students without reliable Internet access at home.
To borrow a WiFi to Go mobile hotspot:
- Stop at the HCC Library Service Desk with your current HCC Student ID - credit students only.
- Request a WiFi to Go mobile hotspot:
- If a device is available, it may be checked out for 72 hours - one renewal for 72 hours is allowed if no one else is waiting for a mobile hotspot
- If no device is available, you may request a 24 hour hold for the next available mobile hotspot - once a notice has been sent that a device now available, you will only have 24 hours to come in & pick-up the mobile hotspot.
To return a WiFi to Go mobile hotspot:
- Bring the bag with the mobile hotspot & all accompanying materials to the HCC Library Service Desk - do not return this to a library book drop.
- Library staff will make sure that all materials are present before checking the device back-in.
Late & lost/damaged fees:
- Late fees of $10 per day will be charged for overdue mobile hotspots &accompanying materials. Late fees must be paid in-full before another WiFi to Go device may be checked out.
- Lost or damaged item fees of current retail replacement price as charged by Verizon plus $15 processing fee. Borrowing rights for WiFi to Go devices will be suspended and a college-wide block (grades & registration) will be placed until full payment is received.
- Call 1-800-711-3400 to talk to a Verizon representative.