Answered By: Gail Hollander
Last Updated: Jun 16, 2015     Views: 10

One database you can look at is Academic OneFile.  Try "children" on the first line, "mood disorders" on the second line and then "medication" on the third line.    Make sure that Full-text is checked.  This search yielded fourteen Academic Journal articles published since 2009 (there are more on the list, but they get older the farther down the list you go).

CINAHL Complete is a nursing database.  When that exact search is performed there were 5 articles, 3 of which would be recent enough to use.   You can try the CINAHL Headings link at the top of the page.  IF you type in "mood disorders" check "term begins with" and then "browse", the database instructs you to use "affective disorders.  You can then apply the term "drug therapy" and use the full-text, 2009 date as limiters and see what type of results you get.  However, if you are not a nursing student it would be best to start with the Academic OneFile; you can then try Academic Search Complete with the same or a similar search.