Answered By: Amy Krug Last Updated: Jan 17, 2016 Views: 252
The HCC Library electronic resources collection provide access to articles from:
- databases - electronic copies of articles that have been published in newspapers, magazines and journals.
- eBooks - electronic copies of chapters and essays that have been published as books.
First, you will need to access the Library home page page. Then you will need to select your destination:
- Databases A-Z - if you know the database(s) you need, use this alphabetical listing of all our database products to quickly select the product you need. Also provides the Database Quick Links - if you are unsure as where to start, try searching one of these most commonly used databases, as they cover a broad range of academic subject areas.
- Subject Guides - if you have a general subject area, but don't know which databases to use.
- Journals A-Z - helpful if you wish to search for articles within specific publications, such as “Newsweek” or “The Baltimore Sun.”
- Citation Linker - if you have a specific article title and need to see if it is available in one of the library's resources.
- eBooks - search or browse online Reference books for overview and background information.
Then when you have chosen your topic, create a list of keywords that describe your topic. Type these in the search box of the electronic resource(s) and click “Search” and the results will be a list of materials about your topic.