Answered By: Amy Krug Last Updated: Dec 20, 2016 Views: 61
Minimum computer requirements for accessing Library resources:
- Operating system: 7/8/10 OR Macintosh: OS 9/X;
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 9.0/10.0/11.0 OR FireFox 40.0/41.0/42.0/43.0
Upgrading your operating system and web browser to the newest major release is recommended.
Select resources are available via mobile devices.
Depending upon the type of content, you may need to download a plug-in if you don't already have the required software (listed below) installed on your computer.
All of these viewers are free, and available, with detailed instructions for downloading and using them, at the links below:
- Adobe Reader, for files posted in .pdf format;
- Adobe Flash Player, for Flash files;
- Silverlight Player for video files;
- Microsoft Word Viewer, for documents created in Word;
- Microsoft Excel Viewer, for spreadsheets created in Excel;
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer, for PowerPoint presentations.
If you are not comfortable downloading a viewer onto your own computer, all of these programs are available in the HCC Computer Labs.