Answered By: Amy Krug Last Updated: Jun 03, 2015 Views: 64
.wps files are created using Microsoft Works - the Library doesn't have this program on the public computers, but Microsoft Word is available and it can be used to open this type of file:
- Open the email message.
- Right click on the file name.
- Click the "Save Link As" or "Save Target As" option.
- Make sure the "Save In" is set to Desktop and click the Save button.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click Open a file.
- Change the "Look In" to Desktop.
- Use the "Files of type" pulldown to choose "Works 6.0-9.0" - it may be near the bottom of the list.
- Your file should appear in the list of documents - click the name of your file and then the Open button.
Tip: You might want to use the "Save As" option to save the file as a Microsoft Word file - Word is the standard software at HCC and some professors will not accept electronic attachments if the file is not a Microsoft Word document.