Are there any computer requirements to access E-Reserves?
Minimum computer requirements for ERes
Operating system: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP OR Macintosh: OS 8/9/X;
Web browser: Internet Explorer 5.0/5.5/6.0 OR Netscape 4.8/6/7
Depending upon the type of item(s) that your instructor puts on reserve, you may need to download a plug-in if you don't already have the required software (listed below) installed on your computer. All of these viewers are free, and available, with detailed instructions for downloading and using them, at the links below:
- Adobe Reader, for files posted in .pdf format;
- Silverlight Player for video files;
- Microsoft Word Viewer, for documents created in Word;
- Microsoft Excel Viewer, for spreadsheets created in Excel;
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer, for PowerPoint presentations.
If you are not comfortable downloading a viewer onto your own computer, all of these programs are available in the HCC Computer Labs.